December 4, 2021
NALFA conducts custom hourly rate surveys for clients such as law firms, corporate legal departments, and government agencies. Our hourly rate surveys provide accurate data on hourly rates within a given geography market and/or practice area(s). Our hourly rates surveys have been cited by litigators in court documents and referenced by court adjuncts in court proceedings. Our surveys can also be used for internal purposes, such as rate comparisons. Some of our recent hourly rate survey engagements include:
- A boutique law firm in Boston engaged NALFA to conduct a survey of associate and partner level billing rates in litigation in the greater Boston area.
- A large Miami law firm hired NALFA to conduct a survey of plaintiffs’ and defense rates in commercial litigation in South Florida.
- A small plaintiffs’ law firm in Dallas engaged NALFA to conduct a survey and report of hourly rates in consumer class actions in the Dallas-Fort Worth area. This survey was cited by a federal judge in his attorney fee award.
- An insurer hired NALFA to conduct a survey of billing rates of defense counsel in insurance coverage litigation throughout California.
- A large law firm in Seattle engaged NALFA to conduct a survey of hourly billing rates in regular and complex litigation in the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington jurisdiction.
- A small law office in Albany hired NALFA to conduct a national survey of billing rates in public interest and civil rights litigation in federal court.
- A technology firm engaged NALFA to conduct a survey of hourly rates in large and mid-size law firms in patent litigation in the San Francisco and Silicon Valley region.
- A defense law firm with offices throughout North Carolina hired NALFA to conduct an hourly rate survey of similarly sized law firms in the Charlotte area so they could compare billing rates with their litigation peers.
- A government agency engaged NALFA to conduct a survey of hourly rates in large Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases, nationwide.
- A mid-size law firm in Atlanta hired NALFA to conduct a survey of hourly rates in IP litigation in several major markets.